- About us
- Programmes 2019
- Programme Archive
- Networking and Alumni Activities
- Regional Network Meetings
- Network Consolidation Programmes
- Alumni Events in Germany
- Resources for Networking Projects Abroad
- Language Training Offers
- German Newsletter
- Global Diplomacy Lab
- Alumni portraits
- Gharanai Khwakhuzhi
- Diego Bassante
- Boris Vormann
- Yalelet Getachew Ashenafi
- Rong Yang
- Constanza Lucía Sánchez Gómez
- Matthias Ruchser
- Diego Abraham Angelino Velázquez
- Canisio Tanyanyiwa
- Obaid Khan Noori
- Roman Feješ
- Ulanbek Akmatbaev
- Pillay Ponisamy
- Mihkel Metsa
- Besmellah Besmel
- Brisa Ceccon Rocha
- Nicolás Alberto Mejía Riaño
- Eshraq Abdullah Hammad
- Thiago Souza da Costa
- Jana Petaccia de Macedo
- Mohammed Abdulkarim Mohammed Thabit
- Abdoulaye Gueye
- Temam Aliy Godu
- Returning to Germany?
- Partners & Cooperations
- Picture Gallery
- Getting ready for Germany
- RSS Federal Foreign Office
Name: Abdoulaye GUEYE
Country of work: United Arab Emirates
Institution: Senegalese Embassy, Abu Dhabi
Course taken: 5th Training course for young African diplomats held from June 16 to July 27, 2011 in Germany
Can you tell us a bit about your career path and or your motivation to follow this profession?
I followed legal studies up to the Master-level and then took to the profession of diplomacy as I wanted to participate in global events and represent my country worldwide.
Tell us about a pleasant work memory you have.
Something which remains in my memory is my time at the National School of Administration of Senegal. The topic "Rationalisation & Integration of West African Organisations" made a great impression on me and I was able to successfully defend the idea that Africa cannot unite as a continent without proper integration of sub-regional organisations, in front of a jury.
If you hadn’t followed this career, what other profession could you see yourself in and why?
If I did not become a diplomat, I would have become a business lawyer since I have been trained in this profession and I always liked to work in international affairs.
These interviews are the opinion of the interviewed Alumni and do not represent the views of Training for International Diplomats or the Federal Foreign Office. Training for International Diplomats and the Federal Foreign Office are not responsible for the content of these interviews.
- BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
- German Council on Foreign Relations (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik)
- Global Leadership Academy - GIZ
- ifa Akademie
- International Parliamentary Scholarships, German Bundestag
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Stiftung Mercator
- UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development