- About us
- Programmes 2019
- Programme Archive
- Networking and Alumni Activities
- Regional Network Meetings
- Network Consolidation Programmes
- Alumni Events in Germany
- Resources for Networking Projects Abroad
- Language Training Offers
- German Newsletter
- Global Diplomacy Lab
- Alumni portraits
- Gharanai Khwakhuzhi
- Diego Bassante
- Boris Vormann
- Yalelet Getachew Ashenafi
- Rong Yang
- Constanza Lucía Sánchez Gómez
- Matthias Ruchser
- Diego Abraham Angelino Velázquez
- Canisio Tanyanyiwa
- Obaid Khan Noori
- Roman Feješ
- Ulanbek Akmatbaev
- Pillay Ponisamy
- Mihkel Metsa
- Besmellah Besmel
- Brisa Ceccon Rocha
- Nicolás Alberto Mejía Riaño
- Eshraq Abdullah Hammad
- Thiago Souza da Costa
- Jana Petaccia de Macedo
- Mohammed Abdulkarim Mohammed Thabit
- Abdoulaye Gueye
- Temam Aliy Godu
- Returning to Germany?
- Picture Gallery
- Getting ready for Germany
- RSS Federal Foreign Office
Full Name: Yalelet Getachew Ashenafi
Country of Work: Ethiopia, Head Office
Institution: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of FDR Ethiopia
Position: First Secretary
Course: First Course for Diplomats from Ethiopia
Can you tell us a bit about your career path and your motivation to follow this profession?
Because am interested to deal with and I believe that if people from different nations, background and culture have access to share their Ideas the world will be full of peace and every body will be source of solutions.
If you hadn’t followed this career, what other profession could you see yourself in and why?
I would be an engineer, because I am very interested in technologies.
How do you think our alumni network could serve your purposes better?
It will help me to develop my self in international diplomacy.
These interviews are the opinion of the interviewed Alumni and do not represent the views of Training for International Diplomats or the Federal Foreign Office. Training for International Diplomats and the Federal Foreign Office are not responsible for the content of these interviews.
- BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
- German Council on Foreign Relations (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik)
- Global Leadership Academy - GIZ
- ifa Akademie
- International Parliamentary Scholarships, German Bundestag
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Stiftung Mercator
- UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development