- About us
- Programmes 2019
- Programme Archive
- Networking and Alumni Activities
- Picture Gallery
- Getting ready for Germany
- RSS Federal Foreign Office
Western Balkans | WB
As our neighbours, the countries of the Western Balkans are extremely important to Germany and the European Union. Intensifying and strengthening relations with these countries and the region as a whole will enhance the stability in which we have a joint interest. The prospect of possible accession to the European Union is especially important in this regard.
The programme, which is held in English, is tailored to the needs and priorities of the participating countries. Its focuses include the future of the European Union, issues relating to European Union enlargement, and European integration, security and financial policy. But it also covers issues such as international foreign and peace policy, multilateralism and regional cooperation, the United Nations and economic and financial policy. Informative visits and study tours within Germany round off the programme.
The participants establish valuable contacts, gain background knowledge and further strengthen their diplomatic competencies during this programme, which is held in English.
- BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
- German Council on Foreign Relations (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik)
- Global Leadership Academy - GIZ
- ifa Akademie
- International Parliamentary Scholarships, German Bundestag
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Stiftung Mercator
- UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development