- About us
- Programmes 2020
- Programme Archive
- Networking and Alumni Activities
- Photo Gallery NEW!
- Getting ready for Germany
- RSS Federal Foreign Office
Asia and the Pacific | ASP
Asia is the engine of globalisation as well as one of the most dynamic growth regions in the world. With a population of over 3.5 billion people, the continent offers an immense level of cultural and religious diversity. Many Asian states are defined by a sustained and high rate of economic growth, increasing wealth as well as high export surpluses and foreign exchange reserves. This course allows young Asian diplomats to experience and learn first-hand about German and European politics, economics and culture and invites them to contribute to a multilateral trust-based partnership with Germany and Europe.
The programme’s main focuses include the rule of law, international security, sustainable economic management and climate protection. In addition, there are seminars devoted to key diplomatic skills such as negotiation techniques, public diplomacy and intercultural competencies. Workshops and lectures are complemented by excursions and field trips to political institutions, think tanks and businesses. The course is held in English.
- BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
- German Council on Foreign Relations (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik)
- Global Leadership Academy - GIZ
- Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen IFA
- International Parliamentary Scholarships, German Bundestag
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Stiftung Mercator
- UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development