Near and Middle East and North Africa | NMO
By offering courses for diplomats from the Near and Middle East and North Africa, Training for International Diplomats is helping foster dialogue with the countries of this region. This dialogue is very important for Germany and the EU.
The aim of the course is to give participants a deeper understanding of political life in Germany and the EU. Differences are addressed, opinions discussed and common positions drawn up in open dialogue. Here, Germany is actively supporting democratisation processes in the region. One focus is on peace and conflict management. The course is also designed to promote interaction in the vast and diverse region of the Near and Middle East and North Africa.
Alongside interactive seminars, the programme includes fact finding trips to German Länder as well as visits to political institutions and international organisations. The course is held in English.
- BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
- German Council on Foreign Relations (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik)
- Global Leadership Academy - GIZ
- Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen IFA
- International Parliamentary Scholarships, German Bundestag
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Stiftung Mercator
- UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development