Colombia | COL
For the first time, Training for International Diplomats organised a special course for younger diplomats from Colombia. The two-week programme enables the participants to deepen their knowledge of Germany’s political system and of federalism. In addition to the chance to increase their understanding of political and social life in Germany and Europe, participants have the opportunity to broaden their professional skills and experience through lectures, workshops and a trip to the Federal City of Bonn.
Workshops on negotiating skills and intercultural communication, as well as mediation training, support their personal and professional development. The programme also includes visits to institutions engaged in Colombia as well as to the German Bundestag, the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, political foundations and Deutsche Welle.
Participants are able to forge important contacts, make friends and build professional networks.
1st Executive Seminar for Diplomats from Colombia in our Yearbook 2017 (pdf)
- BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
- German Council on Foreign Relations (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik)
- Global Leadership Academy - GIZ
- Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen IFA
- International Parliamentary Scholarships, German Bundestag
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Stiftung Mercator
- UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development