Sri Lanka | LKA
The special seminar for diplomats from Sri Lanka will focus on conflict management, mediation, ongoing reconciliation following the civil war in the country that ended in 2009, peacebuilding instruments, the climate and its impact, and preventing and dealing with natural disasters. During a trip to Bonn, the diplomats will learn about the work of the UNFCCC secretariat and the Federal Agency for Technical Relief. A visit to the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training and to a local company will enable the diplomats to experience the successful model of the dual system of vocational training at the theoretical and practical level.
The programme will also include practical training modules on negotiating (with a focus on mediation), public speaking and intercultural communication. The aim of these classes is to develop and consolidate the participants’ professional skills.
In addition, the Sri Lankan diplomats will have an opportunity to learn about German history, speak with Members of the German Bundestag from the Parliamentary Friendship Group for Relations with the States of South Asia and discuss current issues and challenges in foreign policy with a range of interlocutors.
- BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
- German Council on Foreign Relations (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik)
- Global Leadership Academy - GIZ
- Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen IFA
- International Parliamentary Scholarships, German Bundestag
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Stiftung Mercator
- UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development