Palestinian Territories | PSE
The three-week programme for young diplomats from the Palestinian territories will enable the participants to expand their knowledge of German and European history, to learn about Germany’s political system and federalism, and to develop a greater understanding of the European Union. The theoretical principles will be illustrated and supplemented by visits to Geneva (key topics: disarmament, humanitarian organizations, human rights) and the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg (Senate, Airbus, “Die Zeit”, GIGA).
The participants will also attend courses on mediation, negotiating skills and public speaking and will be able to improve their professional skills. The programme will be rounded off by talks with experts in the German Bundestag, units in the Federal Foreign Office, the German Corporation for International Cooperation (GIZ) and political foundations.
During the programme, which will be conducted in English, the participants will make useful contacts, acquire background knowledge and enhance their diplomatic skills, thus expanding their cooperation and career opportunities and their scope for action.
- BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
- German Council on Foreign Relations (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik)
- Global Leadership Academy - GIZ
- Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen IFA
- International Parliamentary Scholarships, German Bundestag
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Stiftung Mercator
- UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development